Improve Facial Symmetry with Cheek Augmentation
Dr. Roger J. Oldham is a highly regarded surgeon who is able to perform a cheek augmentation to help you achieve fuller, younger-looking cheeks. There are several different techniques he can use, such as fat grafting, dermal fillers. The type of technique will depend on the patient’s unique goals, budget, and time commitment to surgery and recovery. We can also combine your cheek augmentation with a facelift or chin augmentation at our Bethesda, MD, practice to enhance your appearance even further. As a highly experienced and top-rated surgeon in the area, Dr. Oldham is able to meet each patient’s unique cosmetic goals by combining his technical excellence, special sensitivity, and eye for artistic detail.
What Is a Cheek Augmentation?
Sunken, hollow cheeks can give you a tired, haggard look, making you appear older than your years. A cheek augmentation adds volume and contour to cheeks that have lost definition due to weak facial structure or the natural aging process. This cosmetic procedure can be accomplished with two different techniques.
- Fat Grafting: During this technique, Dr. Oldham will use liposuction to remove fat from another area of your body, such as the abdomen or thighs. Once obtained, the fat tissue will be purified through a centrifuge system and injected into your cheeks. This procedure is beneficial for patients who have excess fat to spare. Results vary, but most patients are able to achieve lasting results without undergoing surgery.
- Dermal Fillers: We offer JUVÉDERM Voluma® and Restylane® Lyft injectable dermal fillers with Lidocaine as the least invasive technique for augmenting your cheeks. Both contain hyaluronic acid gel, a naturally occurring substance found in the body, to add volume and smooth mild to deep wrinkles. Because these fillers contain Lidocaine, no anesthesia is required during the procedure. Dr. Oldham will inject the dermal filler below the skin’s surface into the underlying tissue to plump and smooth the skin for a more youthful appearance. Results generally last around 18 months.
A cheek augmentation adds volume and contour to cheeks that have lost definition due to weak facial structure or the natural aging process.
Are You a Candidate?
During your initial consultation, Dr. Oldham will evaluate your facial structure, medical history, and overall health to help you determine which technique will work best for you. Your candidacy will depend on the technique chosen for your cheek augmentation.
Benefits of Cheek Augmentation
With a cheek augmentation, you can:
- Achieve fuller, prominent cheekbones
- Lift sagging cheeks
- Minimize fine lines, wrinkles, and deep facial folds
- Correct facial asymmetry
- Achieve a healthier and more youthful appearance
Enhance Your Appearance with Cheek Augmentation
If you are dissatisfied with the appearance of your cheekbones, you may enjoy the benefits that a cheek augmentation can bring. To learn more, call us at 301-530-6100 or contact us online to schedule your consultation with Dr. Oldham.